Friday, September 25, 2015

Borneo

 I am fasinated about the different sort of boats and their sails.
 Sun set over Jawa Sea as I sail the about 200 Nm to Kumai.
 Half way across there were several hundred fishing boats like this one and at night they use very strong spotlights to attract the fish. I got hardly any sleep that night as I had to slalomed through these and it was like driving down Fifth Avenue at night except that the shops were moving back and fourth.

 This is the entrance of the Kumai River. It is not fog, but smoke so dense that the sun can't shine through it. It is like snowing with white and black ashes. They burn the Jungle to produce Palm Oil and it is causing a huge environmental problem, as can be seen in these photos. One can see, say, 50 ahead and my eyes were sore and watery and the through dry. How can anyone live like this?





 Kumai town on a clear day?

No comments:

Post a Comment