Sunday, October 11, 2015

Malaysia.


Amazing traffic around Singapore. This and a constant Haze (and my radars are both down) made me 100% concentrated when I crossed the traffic separation zones which are only a few Nm wide. All went well. Those not familiar with AIS, please look at the small squares in the photo above, which are recording stations. These stations give all the shipping a drive to do things perfectly, as they know that "big brother is watching" and their movements are recorded (see my other Maritime tracking ling.  The haze obscure the ships, but with the AIS you can see them all - well nearly all, if they have AIS. Around Singapore all ships have to have AIS transponder (two way). Great system.
Loads of tugs around going slow (2.2 kn) as Singapore is reclaiming areas and making constantly new islands and expanding at a rate I have never see. Interesting.


I
All the time I passed shipping of all types, but as the visibility is poor, it was impossible to take informative photos.

It is only about 6 Nm from Indonesia to Singapore and a little more to Malaysia. But what a difference there is. Whereas Indonesia is poor and generally filthy towns and corrupted people, in Malaysia, the situation seems totally different. I have only been here 7 hours, but feel I am back in a civilised country that function well. OK they live highly on Singapore, but the people are cleaner, as friendly, supermarket and shopping malls are almost like in Europe and the stores are well stocked. What a welcoming difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment