Saturday, October 3, 2015

Another Overnight Sail To Bangka Island For A Night Stop.

Yet another ship I had to call several times to avoid collision. This one had not seen me at all and when he finally offered to pass behind me he decreased his bearing, meaning he went the other way. In the end I offered to go behind him and changed my course by no less than 45°. He had no idea what he was doing. was he asleep or drunk? Probably both?
Arriving in Bangka Island after 28 h at sea, I noted 14 of these very latge fish atrracting devises. There are the biggest ones seen so far and are dangerous if one sail at night, as even if I had a radar working, I would not see them.



Both this bay and the one before are affected by the smoke coming from Kumay, Borneo. See the sun on this photo, which just can get through. It is awful and the smoke can be so intense. I hope soon it will become less.


No comments:

Post a Comment