Friday, March 11, 2016

Progressing OK But Slowly And Its Hot.

I had the electronic engineer (yes you know who) back to install the Antennae Splitter as well as looking at both radars that will not function. After spending all day today on the Splitter, believe or not, we found out that the chap had taken wrong measures and the cable running from the AIS to the splitter was too short by about 1.5 meter; what an idiot?

So I had to go to town and get him an extension cable, which was not easy to find. But after a lot of shops I found one of 1.4 m and the connection plugs for a co-ax cable, and he could finally install it. One day full work on that. But it seems to work and he only need to do yet another connection to the radio and we will be using the top of the mast antennae for AIS, VHF and Radio. What a work.....

The Splitter which is a great invention, I hope.

On my way back to the Marina I asked the driver to stop at the supermarket and I now have about 250 cans of Skol beer in stock that should last me a while.

The air-condition does not work as I suspect it is the sea water pump that is again stock. So back into the engine room. But to get it going again is tough.





No comments:

Post a Comment