Monday, October 20, 2014

Work, Work And More Work.

The last week has been spend working on New Dawn. Kai has scrubbed the anti fouling and the propeller to prepare for the NZ bio security. The stainless steel has been polished. The decks cleaned. The rust on the hull has been treated twice with "On and Off" and it looks good again. The Generator was worked on while we were in Suva and the other day I finally managed to get the expansion tank working; it had blocked with rust and the cooling liquid did not flow anymore. The Freezer stopped as we were lifting anchor. It blew the fuse and I had problems locating the fault. I rewired it to another fuse and the same thing happened. In the end I discovered that it was the control devise that was the cause. Luckily I had bought a spare in Tahiti and I managed to replace it, so the freezer is now up and running again. So again I have not seen much of Fiji, as there seems always things that need attention. But Kai has been hiking and been surfing several times. The surfing in Fiji and Tonga, are apparently world class.

No comments:

Post a Comment